Home > Terms > English (EN) > kitchen steward/stewardess
A professional who supervises kitchen employees not actively engaged in cooking to ensure clean, efficient, and economical food service. Respnsibilities include:
- Assigns kitchen helper and other noncooking employees to such activities as dishwashing and silver cleaning.
- Inspects kitchens, workrooms, and equipment for cleanliness and order.
- Hires and discharges employees, and posts time and production records.
- Observes and evaluates employees' performance to devise methods for improving efficiency and guard against theft and wastage.
- Takes inventories of china, silverware, and glassware.
- Reports shortages and requisitions replacement of equipment from steward/stewardess or purchasing agent.
- May be working supervisor in establishments employing an executive chef, who devotes full time to supervising kitchen employees.
- May be designated according to area of work as Pantry Steward/Stewardess.
- cuisine steward/hôtesse de l'air
- Küche Steward/stewardess
- cocina steward/azafata
- cucina steward/hostess
- キッチン スチュワード/スチュワーデス
- dapur steward/pramugari
- cozinha Comissário de bordo/aeromoça
- مطبخ ستيوارد/مضيفة
- кухня стюард/стюардеса
- cuisine steward/hôtesse de l'air
- cuina steward/hostessa
- kuchyně stevard/letuška
- køkken steward/stewardesse
- keuken steward/stewardess
- köök korrapidaja/stjuardess
- keittiö luottamusmiehen/lentoemäntä
- steward κουζίνα/αεροσυνοδός
- מטבח הדיילת
- konyha steward/stewardess
- 부엌 승무원/스튜 어디 스
- virtuves stjuarts/oficiante
- virtuvės prievaizdas/palydovė
- kjøkken forvalter/flyvertinne
- kuchnia steward/stewardessa
- cozinha steward/aeromoça
- bucatarie steward/stewardesa
- кухня Стюард/стюардесса
- Kuchyňa steward/letuška
- kuhinji steward/stevardesa
- kök steward/flygvärdinna
- சமையலறை steward/பணிப்பெண்
- steward ครัว/พนักงานเสิร์ฟ
- Mutfak mol/hostes
- kitchen steward/stewardess
- Стюард/стюардеса кухня
- nhà bếp quản lý/tiếp viên
Terms in the News
British snowboarder Billy Morgan has landed the sport’s first ever 1800 quadruple cork. The rider, who represented Great Britain at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, was in Livigno, Italy, when he achieved the manoeuvre. It involves flipping four times, while the body also spins five complete rotations on a sideways or downward-facing axis. The trick had ...
Marzieh Afkham, who is the country’s first foreign ministry spokeswoman, will head a mission in east Asia, the state news agency reported. It is not clear to which country she will be posted as her appointment has yet to be announced officially. Afkham will only be the second female ambassador Iran has had. Under the last shah’s rule, Mehrangiz Dolatshahi, a ...
Weekly Packet or "Paquete Semanal" as it is known in Cuba is a term used by Cubans to describe the information that is gathered from the internet outside of Cuba and saved onto hard drives to be transported into Cuba itself. Weekly Packets are then sold to Cuban's without internet access, allowing them to obtain information just days - and sometimes hours - after it ...
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is an international financial institution established to address the need in Asia for infrastructure development. According to the Asian Development Bank, Asia needs $800 billion each year for roads, ports, power plants or other infrastructure projects before 2020. Originally proposed by China in 2013, a signing ...
Spartan is the codename given to the new Microsoft Windows 10 browser that will replace Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer. The new browser will be built from the ground up and disregard any code from the IE platform. It has a new rendering engine that is built to be compatible with how the web is written today. The name Spartan is named after the ...