A professional who performs variety of tasks to reforest and protect timber tracts and maintain forest facilities, such as roads and campsites. Respnsibilities include:
- Plants tree seedlings in specified pattern, using mattock, planting hoe, or dibble.
- Cuts out diseased, weak, or undesirable trees, and prunes limbs of young trees to deter knot growth, using handsaw, power saw, and pruning tools.
- Fells trees, clears brush from fire breaks, and extinguishes flames and embers to suppress forest fires, using chain saw, shovel, and engine-driven or hand pumps.
- Clears and piles brush, limbs, and other debris from roadsides, fire trails, and camping areas, using ax, mattock, or brush hook.
- Sprays or injects trees, brush, and weeds with herbicides, using hand or powered sprayers or tree injector tool.
- Erects signs and fences, using posthole digger, shovel, tamper, or other handtools.
- Replenishes firewood and other supplies, and cleans kitchens, rest rooms, and campsites or recreational facilities.
- Holds measuring tape or survey rod, carries and sets stakes, clears brush from sighting line, and performs related tasks to assist forest survey crew.
Terms by category
- No one has edited this term.
Not yet a member ?
Start a blossary
Users of similar interests
Invent a term
4 million terms in 1600 categories on your webiste.