Home > Terms > English (EN) > animal caretaker
A professional who performs any combination of following duties to attend animals, such as mice, canaries, guinea pigs, mink, dogs, and monkeys, on farms and in facilities, such as kennels, pounds, hospitals, and laboratories. Respnsibilities include:
- Feeds and waters animals according to schedules.
- Cleans and disinfects cages, pens, and yards and sterilizes laboratory equipment and surgical instruments.
- Examines animals for signs of illness and treats them according to instructions.
- Transfers animals between quarters.
- Adjusts controls to regulate temperature and humidity of animals' quarters.
- Records information according to instructions, such as genealogy, diet, weight, medications, food intake, and license number.
- Anesthetizes, inoculates, shaves, bathes, clips, and grooms animals.
- Repairs cages, pens, or fenced yards.
- May kill and skin animals, such as fox and rabbit, and pack pelts in crates.
- May be designated according to place worked such as Dog-Pound Attendant; Farmworker, Fur; Helper, Animal Laboratory; Kennel Attendant; Pet Shop Attendant; Veterinary-Hospital Attendant.
- animal gardien
- tierische Hausmeister
- cuidador de animal
- custode degli animali
- hewan penjaga
- zelador animal
- تصريف الأعمال الحيوانية
- животински пазач
- animal gardien
- cuidadora animals
- zvířecí správce
- animalske vicevært
- dierlijke conciërge
- loomade majahoidja
- eläinten talonmies
- ζώο επιστάτης
- מטפלת בבעלי חיים
- 동물 케어
- dzīvnieku sargs
- gyvūnų prižiūrėtojas
- dyr vaktmester
- opiekun zwierząt
- zelador animal
- îngrijitor animale
- животных сторож
- zviera domovník
- živali hišnik
- djur vaktmästare
- விலங்கு காபந்து
- hayvan hademe
- animal caretaker
- тварина сторож
- người chăm sóc động vật
Terms in the News
British snowboarder Billy Morgan has landed the sport’s first ever 1800 quadruple cork. The rider, who represented Great Britain at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, was in Livigno, Italy, when he achieved the manoeuvre. It involves flipping four times, while the body also spins five complete rotations on a sideways or downward-facing axis. The trick had ...
Marzieh Afkham, who is the country’s first foreign ministry spokeswoman, will head a mission in east Asia, the state news agency reported. It is not clear to which country she will be posted as her appointment has yet to be announced officially. Afkham will only be the second female ambassador Iran has had. Under the last shah’s rule, Mehrangiz Dolatshahi, a ...
Weekly Packet or "Paquete Semanal" as it is known in Cuba is a term used by Cubans to describe the information that is gathered from the internet outside of Cuba and saved onto hard drives to be transported into Cuba itself. Weekly Packets are then sold to Cuban's without internet access, allowing them to obtain information just days - and sometimes hours - after it ...
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is an international financial institution established to address the need in Asia for infrastructure development. According to the Asian Development Bank, Asia needs $800 billion each year for roads, ports, power plants or other infrastructure projects before 2020. Originally proposed by China in 2013, a signing ...
Spartan is the codename given to the new Microsoft Windows 10 browser that will replace Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer. The new browser will be built from the ground up and disregard any code from the IE platform. It has a new rendering engine that is built to be compatible with how the web is written today. The name Spartan is named after the ...
United States of America