Home > Industry/Domain > Printing & publishing > Paper


Printing paper and industry terms.

Contributors in Paper



Printing & publishing; Paper

Wet paper passes through these large cylindrical steam heated rolls that dry paper webs. The dry-end of the paper machine.


Printing & publishing; Paper

Web of paper. Paper wound around a core or shaft to form a continuous roll or web of paper.

gluing off

Printing & publishing; Paper

The process of applying glue to the spine of a book to be casebound, after sewing and smashing, and before trimming.


Printing & publishing; Paper

To align sheets of paper into a compact pile.

page flex

Printing & publishing; Paper

The number of flexes a book page can withstand before loosening from the binding.

spiral binding

Printing & publishing; Paper

Wires in a spiral form inserted through specially punched holes along the binding edge.

quick-set inks

Printing & publishing; Paper

Those inks that set-up faster and dry faster, usually from top to bottom. These inks are used when sheets have to be sent back through the press faster than normal drying time will allow.

Featured blossaries


Category: Entertainment   2 5 Terms

Byzantine Empire

Category: History   1 20 Terms