Home > Industry/Domain > Kitchen & dining

Kitchen & dining

Of or pertaining to any item found in a kitchen or dining area, or to the preparation, cooking and eating of food in general.

6Categories 5393Terms

Add a new term

Contributors in Kitchen & dining

Kitchen & dining > Drinkware

yard glass

Kitchen & dining; Drinkware

A yard of ale or yard glass is a very tall beer glass used for drinking around 2.5 imperial pints (1.4 l) of beer, depending upon the diameter. The glass is approximately 1 yard ...

champagne flute

Kitchen & dining; Drinkware

It is a stem glass with a tall, narrow bowl. The bowl of a flute may resemble a narrow wine glass as seen in the illustration; or a trumpet shape; or be very narrow and ...

cocktail glass

Kitchen & dining; Drinkware

A cocktail glass is a stemmed glass which has a cone-shaped bowl placed upon a stem above a flat base. It is mainly used to serve cocktails. Its form derives from the fact that ...


Kitchen & dining; Drinkware

A snifter — also called a balloon — is a type of stemware, a short-stemmed glass whose vessel has a wide bottom and a relatively narrow top. It is mostly used to serve aged brown ...


Kitchen & dining; Drinkware

A tankard is a form of drinkware consisting of a large, roughly cylindrical, drinking cup with a single handle. Tankards are usually made of silver, pewter, or glass, but can be ...


Kitchen & dining; Drinkware

A teacup is a small cup, with or without a handle, generally a small one that may be grasped with the thumb and one or two fingers. It is typically made of a ceramic material. It ...

paper cup

Kitchen & dining; Drinkware

A paper cup is a cup made out of paper and often lined with plastic or wax to prevent liquid from leaking out or soaking through the paper. The base paper for paper cups are ...